Lawrence Morton, M.D.
Divisions: Child Neurology, Clinical Neurophysiology, Epilepsy Monitoring Unit Chair, Division of Child Neurology Program Director, Clinical Neurophysiology Fellowship Professor
Department: Department of Neurology
- M.D., SUNY, Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine, Brooklyn, NY
Post Graduate Education
- 7/1994 to 6/1995 - Clinical Neurophysiology - Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, Richmond, VA
- 7/1991 to 6/1994 - Child Neurology - Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania/Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA
- 7/1988 to 6/1991 - Pediatrics - St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, Philadelphia, PA
- Clinical Neurophysiology, 2007
- Child Neurology, 2006
- Pediatrics, 1998
- Epilepsy - Seizures in children, effects of prolonged seizures in the neonate and very young, new antiepileptic drugs for children.
- Epilepsy in children. EEG monitoring including video EEG, pre-surgical evaluations, seizures and apparent life threatening events in neonates.
Keywords & Interest Areas
- Core Clinical Faculty Member
- Child Neurology
- Pediatric Epilepsy Monitoring and surgery
Children's Pavilion1101 E. Marshall St, 1st FloorP.O. Box 980211Richmond, VA 23298
Awards & Honors
- 2011-2012 Department of Neurology Child Neurology Faculty Outstanding Teaching Award, Virginia Commonwealth University
- 2006 - Present
Children’s Hospital Planning Committee, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center
- 2000 - Present
Annual Hans Berger Day Clinical Symposium Organizing Committee, Virginia Commonwealth University